Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 0 mins
Total Time : 15 mins
- 2 mangoes – ripe and sweet, medium to large
- 2 bananas – medium sized
- 2 to 3 chikoo (sapodilla or sapota) – medium sized, optional
- 1 papaya – small sized or ½ portion of one large papaya
- ⅓ cup chopped strawberries or 10 to 12 strawberries
- 3 to 4 figs – fresh
- ⅓ cup pomegranate arils or 1 small pomegranate
- 2 tablespoon chopped cashews or 10 to 12, optional
- 2 tablespoon chopped almonds or walnuts, or 10 to 12, optional
- 2 tablespoon chopped pistachios or 12 to 15, optional
- 1 tablespoon honey or preferred sweetener – optional
- 5 to 6 mint leaves – optional, for garnish
If using pomegranate, first rinse it very well. Pat dry with a kitchen towel. Chop into halve or quarters and remove the arils first. Place the arils in a small bowl and set it aside.
Thoroughly rinse the fruits. Drain all the water. Remove and discard any seeds, stems or peels that are inedible. Chop all fruit into similarly sized pieces.
Chop the nuts like almonds, cashews, pistachios or any nuts that you prefer. Feel free to lightly roast the nuts prior to chopping them for deeper flavor.
When you have completed chopping all the fruits and nuts, peel and chop bananas.
Making fruit salad
Add the chopped fruits, pomegranate arils and chopped nuts in a salad bowl or any large bowl.
Add honey or any preferred sweetener. Or you can opt to drizzle honey on the salad while serving.
I do not prefer any tangy citrus flavors in a fruit salad. Feel free to add a bit of lemon juice or orange juice if you like to your fruit salad.
Gently mix the fruits very well.
Serve fruit salad immediately for best results. I usually like to garnish mine with a few sprigs of mint leaves or some chopped nuts.
This fruit salad is absolutely delicious all by itself, but you can certainly use it to dress up other sweet dishes.
It pairs wonderfully with pancakes, crepes, waffles and even french toast or nutella toast.
Top your custards, puddings, panna cotta or mousse with it.
You can also garnish a cheesecake with the salad or simply serve it with a side of whipped cream or your preferred ice cream.