ASTANA : Holding of the first India-Central Asia Joint Working Group on Afghanistan - March 23, 2023
MINTEVIDEO : 5th Foreign Office Consultations between India and Uruguay - March 22, 2023
NEW DELHI : Apple seeks India labor reform to diversify beyond China - March 21, 2023
MOSCOW : India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technological and Cultural Cooperation (IRIGC-TEC) Virtual Review Meeting - March 21, 2023
REYKJAVIK : 3rd India-Iceland Foreign Office Consultations - March 20, 2023
DOHA : Visit of Minister of State for External Affairs, Dr. Rajkumar Ranjan Singh to Doha, Qatar - March 19, 2023
PHNOM PENH : Envoys of five nations present credentials to the President of India - March 18, 2023
NEW DELHI : Boeing and Airbus hunting for highly-skilled talent in India - March 17, 2023
SYDNEY : State Visit of Prime Minister of Australia to India - March 17, 2023
MANGALURU : Age no bar, Bengaluru professor gets his PhD at 79 - March 16, 2023
DUBAI : 24 wins in 27 bilateral series
DUBAI : If Team India win the third and final ODI vs New Zealand on Tuesday in Indore, they will record back to back ODI series clean sweeps at home. India had blanked Sri Lanka before the ongoing series against the Black Caps.
Winning home bilateral ODI series has become more than just a habit for the Men in Blue. Incredibly, since 2009, in 27 home bilateral series that India have played, the team has won 24 and lost only 3.
Ahead of the third ODI vs the Kiwis, TimesofIndia.com takes a look at some very interesting statistics and trivia on the Indian juggernaut that continues to steamroll opposition at home in the ODI format. It really makes for very pleasant reading if you also remember the fact that the next edition of the ICC ODI World Cup will be played in India later this year.
Team India in bilateral ODI series at home since October/November 2009:
– Since losing to Australia by 4-2 in India in October/November 2009, India enjoy splendid
home record in the bilateral series, winning 24 and losing just three out of 27 contested.
– The three series lost by India are one each to Pakistan (2-1) in 2012-13, South Africa
(3-2) in 2015-16 and Australia (2-3) in 2018-19.
– During their last 27 bilateral home series, India have won 72 matches and lost 28 (Tied 1
and No Result 2) – winning % being 71.78.
– The opposition that Team India have defeated since 2019, as part of their 7 straight bilateral ODI series wins at home include the likes of Australia, West Indies, South Africa, Sri Lanka, England and New Zealand
– These series wins include two completed clean sweeps – A 3-0 win vs the West Indies in 2021-22 and a 3-0 win against Sri Lanka recently. A win vs NZ on Tuesday will give India their third clean sweep in a home bilateral series since 2019-20
India continue to dominate New Zealand in home ODI series:
– India have now won seven successive bilateral home series against New Zealand on Indian soil, enjoying their unbeaten record between 1988 and 2022.
– By taking an unassailable lead (2-0) vs New Zealand in the ongoing series, India have
won seven successive bilateral series on Indian soil from December 15, 2019 onwards – their
best winning streak in India.
India in their last 27 home bilateral series, since 2009:
The Best Performers:
– Since November 2009 (after the 4-2 loss to Australia at home) in the 27 home bilateral ODI series played, the stand-out performers with the bat and ball have been Virat Kohli (batter),Mohammed Shami (pacer) and Ravindra Jadeja (spinner)