DHAKA: Foreign Secretary Shri Harsh Vardhan Shringla is visiting Bangladesh from December 7 – 8, 2021.
2. Foreign Secretary will meet Bangladesh Foreign Secretary Ambassador Masud Bin Momen and call on Foreign Minister H.E. Dr. A.K. Abdul Momen.
3. Foreign Secretary is scheduled to call on the Prime Minister of Bangladesh H.E. Ms. Sheikh Hasina on December 8, 2021. He will also call on Minister for Road Transport and Bridges and Awami League General Secretary H. E. Mr. Obaidul Quader on December 7, 2021.
4. India’s relationship with Bangladesh is one of the strongest pillars of its “Neighbourhood First Policy”. In this special year, India and Bangladesh are jointly commemorating 50 years of the establishment of their diplomatic ties.
5. Foreign Secretary’s visit to Bangladesh, a day after the Maitri Diwas celebrations, will provide an opportunity to review the wide-ranging cooperation between the two countries.
6. The visit will also help prepare for the State Visit of President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind to Bangladesh from December 15 to 17, 2021.