ASTANA : Holding of the first India-Central Asia Joint Working Group on Afghanistan - March 23, 2023
MINTEVIDEO : 5th Foreign Office Consultations between India and Uruguay - March 22, 2023
NEW DELHI : Apple seeks India labor reform to diversify beyond China - March 21, 2023
MOSCOW : India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technological and Cultural Cooperation (IRIGC-TEC) Virtual Review Meeting - March 21, 2023
REYKJAVIK : 3rd India-Iceland Foreign Office Consultations - March 20, 2023
DOHA : Visit of Minister of State for External Affairs, Dr. Rajkumar Ranjan Singh to Doha, Qatar - March 19, 2023
PHNOM PENH : Envoys of five nations present credentials to the President of India - March 18, 2023
NEW DELHI : Boeing and Airbus hunting for highly-skilled talent in India - March 17, 2023
SYDNEY : State Visit of Prime Minister of Australia to India - March 17, 2023
MANGALURU : Age no bar, Bengaluru professor gets his PhD at 79 - March 16, 2023
Besan Oats Ladoo Recipe
SERVES: Makes 10 ladoos
TIME: 30 Minutes
Besan Oats Ladoo Recipe is a healthy twist on the popular festival favourite – Besan Ladoo. Packed with the goodness of oats, they are relatively more nutritious than regular ladoos and are delicious too. Serve this on any of the upcoming festivals or pack it in your child’s snack box too. They are easy to make, use regular everyday pantry ingredients and result in yummy ladoos minus all the extra calories.
Equipment used: Kadai, Mixer-Grinder
Note: Dry roasting the besan is a critical step in this recipe. Take care to do this on a medium-low flame and continuously toss the besan. Once it is roasted, the besan will begin to burn from the bottom, so be careful to watch for the toasted aroma and colour change, and take the besan off the heat as soon as it is roasted.
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour/ gram flour)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1-2 tablespoon pistachios, coarsely powdered
Directions for Besan Oats Ladoo Recipe
- To begin making the Besan Oats Ladoo Recipe, first dry roast the oats in a kadai on a medium heat. This should take about 2-3 minutes, tossing the oats gently. Transfer the roasted oats into a plate and set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough, put the oats in a grinder and make a fine powder.
- In the same kadai, on a medium heat, dry roast the besan too. Take care to continuously stir the besan, to avoid burning it. You will know when the besan is roasted fully when the raw smell goes away, and the besan begins to smell toasted. This usually takes about 10-12 minutes and the colour will change a little bit. Do make sure you roast the besan on low to medium heat to avoid it getting burnt.
- Take the besan off the heat, add the roasted powdered oats, powdered sugar and cardamom to it and mix gently using a wooden spoon. Set this mixture aside.
- Melt the ghee in a bowl. You can either do this in short bursts in the microwave, or over a medium heat in a small pan.
- Add the melted ghee, one spoon at a time, into the mixture of roasted besan, roasted oats powder, powdered sugar and cardamom and fold till it comes together. The mixture will get clumpy and resemble wet sand.
- By now the ladoo mixture would be cool enough to handle. Grease your palms with ghee and using your fingers bring the besan ladoo powder and ghee together. Gently shape the mixture into ladoos of the size you desire.
- Sprinkle the Besan Oats Ladoo with coarsely powdered pistachio or any nut of your choice and arrange on a festive platter.
- Serve The Besan Oats Ladoo on any of the upcoming festivals or store in an air-tight box for later use. They make excellent additions to your child’s snack box too!